If you are out of work, or are being faced with that possibility thanks to the looming recession, then you might want to take a closer look at one of these cities which comprise the list of the top 5 U.S. job markets.
Investors should also pay close attention to this, because a vibrant job market typically reflects well on real estate values in the area.
The list was compiled by ABC News. I have added commentary for each city:
1) Salt Lake City, UT- This city represents a great opportunity on many fronts: for job seekers, retirees, vacation rental home owners, and real estate investors. Salt Lake City is hot market right now and has already seen some high appreciation.
2) Wichita, KS- Wichita offers tremendous real estate value in addition to its job market. Real estate is cheap, and cash flow is fairly easy to find, which is indeed desirable in an uncertain real estate market such as the current one. Wichita made NuWire’s list of the Top 10 Places to Invest for 2007.
3) Austin, TX- Home of the University of Texas and the Texas Longhorns, Austin has received many accolades of late as a great city in which to live, invest, and, of course, find a job.
4) Atlanta, GA- Atlanta has a vibrant job market, but because of the rampant overbuilding and urban sprawl, property has not appreciated there as much as it has in other cities on this list. Atlanta offers many investment and job opportunities if one looks in the right place.
5) Fort Worth, TX- Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S., both in terms of job market and population. In addition, Fort Worth offers very affordable real estate, and abundant cash flow opportunities. Fort Worth also made NuWire’s Top 10 Places to Invest for 2007.
Whether you are looking for a job or an investment opportunity, any of these 5 cities will offer you many to choose from.